New iMacs Arrive Cracked or Downright Dead, Customers Claim

|

Complaints are surfacing that either Apple, FedEx or someone else isn’t handling new iMac shipments properly, with the devices showing up DOA (dead on arrival) or with cracked screens. As always, frustrated customers have turned to the Apple Discussions forums to seek advice or simply to express their grief as they wait for their replacement computers.

Engadget sounds the alarm on Core i7 iMacs showing up DOA after going through the aforementioned forum posts, citing the same issues with their own new iMac (i7). It doesn’t seem to be a manufacturing issue, according to the web site, but rather something going wrong during shipment. Let's look at a couple of relevant Apple Discussions forum posts.

Claiming that his new iMac had arrived DOA, poster justgotamac says: “Hey apple [sic]. Just want to says thanks. I've spent endless dollars on your products over the years. I order a [sic] iMac i7 and wait like everybody else for "ships:november". I was scared I might have screen flickering like others but thanks to you, upon unboxing, I actually see nothing because this $2k paperweight doesn't even turn on. Thanks for the great product. It's the last one I'll ever buy from you. Customer lost.”

Another forum poster, aaydogan, claims his computer was broken out-of-the-box. “Just picked up my i& 27" from FedEx two hours ago,” he writes. “Outer box, inner box and all packing were in excellent shape. When I finally unwrapped everything I discovered the lower left hand corner of the glass was cracked in three places. I think has a packaging problem. My old 30" cinema displays arrived with great packaging. This was very disappointing. We'll [see] what the Appled [sic] store (five blocks away) can do. Probably not much since they don't have these machines in stock,” the disappointed customer concludes.

How about you, dear readers? Anyone here having trouble with their new iMacs?

adopted from http://www.softpedia.com

0 comments:

Share

Share |